Sunday, March 20, 2016

Friendly Woman 2016


 

Simple Definition of change

  • : to become different
  • : to make (someone or something) different
  • : to become something else
Earlier this winter, while working in the studio, I suddenly found myself--brush in hand--doing a  simple line drawing into wet paint with India Ink.  I haven't drawn in years, and was surprised to find myself, in one motion, shaping and defining this figure.  The panel I had in front of me was small, but, still, it was a real challenge for someone who has defined her images with either paint or paper for over 40 years. When I lifted my brush from the surface, I was surprised at what I had, but pleased.

I have been working with Photoshop quite intensely for some time now, trying to learn the ins and outs of this complicated and very deep computer program.  One of the things I had learned to do in Photoshop was to create a smooth, continuous line to define the image I was trying to create, usually based in some way on the photograph that was underneath.  I realized that this little line drawing was both a reaction against and at the same time, based on what I had been learning in Photoshop.  The reaction against was my frustration at not being able to directly hold/touch/feel what I was doing with my hands, and having to stay so much in my head.  But what I had learned to do in Photoshop was to make and follow a  continuous, single line that defined the image. However in Photoshop I can erase  and redraw that line with with total impunity, something I can't do with India ink and wet paint.   It's both extremely exciting and at the same time very frustrating to work this way.  For a person that likes to keep all her options open as long as possible, it should be an interesting ride. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Funny to me, your not drawing, as I stumbled into your blog recalling you as my drawing instructor at ASU. And you were a fine drawing teacher. One of the things I enjoy about your painted photo collages is how the people and animals have the stilted searching quality of children's drawings.

    Thank you for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. telasmosquiteira-sp.com.br

    telas mosquiteira
    telas mosquiteiro

    As telas mosquiteira sp , telas mosquiteiro sp garantem ar puro por toda casa livrando-a completamente dos mosquitos e insetos indesejáveis. As telas mosquiteira garantem um sono tranquilo a toda família, livrando e protegendo-nas dos mais diversos insetos. Muitos destes insetos são transmissores de doenças e a tela mosquiteira é indispensável no combate a mosquitos transmissores de doenças.

    A dengue, por exemplo, já matou centenas de pessoas só na capital de São Paulo e um pequeno investimento em nossas telas mosquiteiras podem salvar vidas. As telas mosquiteiras também impedem a entrada de insetos peçonhentos como as aranhas e os escorpiões, estes insetos também oferecem risco, pois seu veneno em poucos minutos podem levar uma criança a morte.
    telas mosquiteira jundiai
    telas mosquiteiro jundiai
    telas mosquiteira aplhaville
    telas mosquiteiro alphaville
    telas mosquiteira granja viana
    telas mosquiteiro granja vinana
    telas mosquiteira cotia
    telas mosquiteiro cotia
    telas mosquiteira tambore
    telas mosquiteiro tambore

    A chegada da temporada Primavera/Verão traz consigo a elevação da temperatura e a maior ocorrência de chuvas. Mas não é só isso. As estações mais quentes do ano causam muita dor de cabeça e muitos zumbidos indesejáveis em função das pragas urbanas – pernilongos, baratas, cupins e outros insetos -, que afetam todas as regiões brasileiras.

    Nossa missão é oferecer telas mosquiteiras de qualidade a um preço acessível, fazendo com que as telas mosquiteiras sejam uma opção viável para muitas pessoas.

    telas mosquiteiras Jundiaí
    telas mosquiteiro Jundiai
    telas mosquiteiras jundiai
    telas mosquiteiro industria
    telas mosquiteira restaurante
    telas mosquiteiro restaurante
    telas mosquiteira empresa
    telas mosquiteiro empresa

    ReplyDelete