|Inside trying to form an image|
|panels ready to go|
|first version over adhered photo and pattern paper|
|second version with paint and changes|
In the bottom two images, I started with a large panel which had a photo on it of a good friend and his daughter which I had prepared over six years ago. It had lain idle all those years, waiting to be called out. Two months ago, I covered the photograph with pattern paper and started this image of the horse on top of the panel. I liked the horse, but the panel wasn't really working with the image. I removed the horse (only temporarily adhered at this point) and repainted the panel. This time, when I dropped the horse and birds back on it looked right. I made some minor changes, knowing I would come back in and tweak it before I glued it down. It's now sitting on a shelf, waiting to be glued, with some slight additions made before it's ready for a final varnish coat.